Anatomy of a SEP
Several sections of information are required in a well-formed SEP:
- Title – Short name for the enhancement
- Description – Longer description of the additions/changes related to the enhancement
- Owner(s) – The person(s) that’s responsible for completing the enhancement
- Estimated completion – Date or time-frame for completing the enhancement
- Updates – Short progress messages as development of the enhancement is underway
- Comments – Community feedback on the enhancement
SEP status ratings
To keep track of SEPs, each is assigned one of the following status ratings:
- New – The enhancement is still under active discussion and refinement or may be un-owned.
- Open – The enhancement is under development by the owner and interested parties.
- Done – The enhancement has been completed and will be included with the next release.
- Dead – The enhancement was considered but a decision was made to stop working on it.